Positions will be available at the GS-02 classification. The hourly rate for a GS-02 will be approximately $10.43 /hr. Successful applicants may be employed in the fields of Environmental Management, Public Relations, Visitor Assistance, and/or Facilities Maintenance based on experience and interest.
Persons hired for these positions may be required to work days and/or nights and weekend shifts. Work schedules will be 40 hours per week when school is not in session. To be eligible a student must meet the following minimum requirements:
- 1. All applicants must have been enrolled or accepted for enrollment in a degree-seeking program and be taking at least a half-time (6 hours) course load the semester prior to employment.
- 2. Must maintain at least a 2.0 grade point average.
Students that do not maintain these requirements are subject to termination. To apply applicants should submit the following:
- 1. Personal resume or OF612 – Optional Application for Federal Employment
- 2. Letter from the college or university verifying enrollment and good academic standing.
- 3. Original transcript of grades for each semester/quarter of school.
- 4. Original class schedule of classes in which student is currently enrolled.
- 5. OF306 – Declaration for Federal Employment
Both the OF 306 and the OF 612 forms can be printed from the following web site: www.lrh.usace.army.mil/_kd/go.cfm?destination=Page&Pge_ID=1136#cprEmployment%20Pages
Deadline for applications is Feb 6, 2009. Applications can be hand delivered or mailed to: Dawn Kovarik, Rend Lake Project Office, 12220 Rend City Road, Benton, IL 62812. For more information, call the Rend Lake Project Office at 618-724-2493. E-mail requests for information can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Corps Hiring for Rend Lake Summer Student Jobs
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers at Rend Lake is taking applications for the 2009 summer season student employment in the field of park management according to a news release sent out last week.